Saturday, June 6, 2009

Luxembourg, Germany, France-Oh My!

Thursday Katherine and I had a picnic on the Champs deMars (the park infront of the Eiffle Tower) in order to work on our secret project mwahaha!

These are our lovely hosts and our Hillarious (At least he thought he was) french waiter who I decided looks like the chicken guy from toy story 2.
Katherine's first few seconds in Germany! First trip to Germany evah!!!! SO happy!



Katherine's first seconds in Luxembourg- for some reason so much more happier. Perhaps it was from the use of the word duchy or dukey.




my first seconds in luxembourg- I'd already been to Germany so my first new country of our trip.






Sucking it in to stand next to the skinny building.


the best part about luxembourg is that they have (belgian) Dr. PEPPER! I was going to cope for 17 more days-or so but then we found it at the gas station! HORAY!!! What a wonderful trip! And I'm actually drinking it as I write this. Happy... Happy... ha ha ha ha... (zoolander)





This weekend I'm visiting Metz where GT sends some engineers to Lorraine/Metz France to study for the summer and a few of my friends happen to be here this summer so Katherine and I mozied over for a weekend and are staying with some family friends. They decided that heading over to Germany for breakfast would be the best breakfast idea ever so of course just a little trip to another country no problem- just 45 minutes by car kinda the equivalent of driving to Alabama. Then we commandeered a german shopping cart and were running over innocent and not so innocent bystanders (grocery stores on saturdays are intense in europe and this one was especially crazy!) Then we went to another cute city called (at least phonetically-forgive my german) Burn Castle koose which is a picturesque little town in the German wine district around the meusell river. Then we headed up to Luxembourg because I said that luxembourg was better than germany. Only I've discovered that luxembourg is full of well... Eurotrash. Not so lovely looking people there (no offense any luxembourgers that I might have unknowingly insulted) Then we headed back to france. It was a grand adventure and it was nice to have a car- especially since it insisted on raining all day. woh owh woh.

No comments: