Sunday, June 21, 2009

So I went to Switzerland

two weeks ago- time has escaped me... In between my two final classes Emily, her friend Nicole, and I decided to head over to Switzerland to see the beautiful Alps and more importantly go Canyoning. It was a lot of fun and crazy beautiful if you haven't seen them around already head over to picasa to see the pictures from Interlaken. I especially liked it because one of my favorite movies/books growing up was Heidi and I always wanted to go to where she lived and now I have!
I don't know why but my photos aren't being uploaded again today!

This week Katherine and I headed off on our final adventure to Venice, Italy. Another place that I have always wanted to go to ever since learning that instead of streets they have canals and boats! I found Venice as enchanting as all the tourist books, movies, and tv shows about it claim it to be! I even looked past all the crazy tourists running around St. Mark's Square. I absolutely adore the city and had a lot of fun while I was there! The weather was really beautiful the whole time too which was nice. Although I considered it a little hot- 85 degs. Apparently I better shape up and accept it because it is going to be 99 degs this week in Powder Springs! AH! I am going to melt!

Anyways I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog! I'll probably update it a couple times after I get home and make a summary or some wrap up of my time here and (hopefully) finally get the pictures to load- but I am leaving france and ending my short time of being a parisian once and for all on this Tuesday! 

In the mean time pray that my mom can make it on a flight this afternoon to meet me and help me get all my stuff home- and that she doesn't go jetlag crazy for only spending 24 hours in france while she is still on Alaska time!  Then pray that we can get on our flight on Tuesday morning- apparently it is looking tight- well at least to Dad.

No comments: